Fueled by curiosity and driven to listen, I like to explore the essence of a subject and distill it into a dynamic visual poem, challenging the safety of realism and allowing my imagination to drive the process. Through the act of telling that story I get to discover what comes up.
I am interested in the diversity of spiritual beliefs and the common heart of intention that we all share. I like to believe that the world really is a good place, and that painting is a kind of tether to the pulse of the planet.
I am drawn to Eastern Art, textile and decorative design, popular culture, chromo-lithography in early advertising, elements of mysticism, Mexican retablos, tattoos, birds, molecular life, vintage ephemera, spiritual icons, primitive art, botanical illustration, biology and science.
I would like my work to convey a sense of humor, delight, and reverence for the infinite dynamic possibilities of being.
• 2018 Juried Show "How with this Rage Shall Beauty Hold a Plea?"
Kehler Liddell Gallery, New Haven CT
• 2017 Tri-State Juried Show "Visual Narratives" Loft Artists Assoc, Stamford, CT
• 2015-16 Group Show /1790 House, Westport, CT
• 2014 Bridgeport Art Trail, American Fabrics Building, Bridgeport, CT
• 2013 Solo Show - Tar Pit Cafe, Brooklyn, NY, Sept-Dec
• 2013 Solo Show - Variety Cafe, Brooklyn, NY July-August
• 2011 Solo Show - Blue Lemon, Westport, CT Sept-March
• 2010 Show “Dog Days” at River Gallery - animal portraits
• Graduated Rhode Island School of Design, BFA in Painting
• Attended RISD - European Honors Program in Rome Italy
• Studied Russian Icon Painting with Anton & Julia Belov,Kovcheg Icon-Painting Artel,
Port Chester, NY
• Landscape Graphics, The New York Botanical Garden